Absent Thief


No one leaves the Rebels.

You just can't remove something that you are; an unshaven, whiskey drinking, mean son of a bitch. But I did, I left the Rebels; a "cult" some might say. They told me I would be free. They told me this, they told me that. Anything to get me out there in Geminate. Did things go off without a hitch? Mostly, I left quietly with a small notice on the bulletin board I was gonna be gone soon and dont bother finding me. The bastards started taking bets on if I'd even leave or when I'd be back. Some were as little as a week.


I packed my shit and was getting situated in a staging system, when within hours of my landing, an Alliance level contract was setup. Well, naturally, this piqued my interest: as a pirate, I'm naturally curious at any opportunity to make some extra ISK. And this definitely was an opportunity: With no collateral or reward, but something VERY large in this courier contract, I couldn't resist accepting the contract and peaking. If it was stuff of little value, I would just return it to the corp boss and say I accidently accepted it instead of denied the contract. Very common occurrence, right?

Well, unfortunately for my new "family", their security is loose. Too loose. I accepted the contract. Peaked inside to find system upgrade modules. These things are pretty massive, by the way. I wasn't able to move them myself, but luckily, there are people who have no issue moving ill-gotten goods. I point you to my friends in Red Frog Freight. These guys are awesome. They have a pre-payment thing setup, but if you toss in a little extra, they will usually move it quicker and with more priority. Usually. Anyhow, these modules I had just acquired needed to be moved. Setting up the contract, with acceptable collateral and doubled payment as well, I soon had "my" modules in Jita.

After quickly selling everything, I had started to feel bad. These were frontiersmen. They needed those upgrades to live. Fuck 'em, they're null-seccers. I probally could have gotten more had I stayed and kept quiet about it all. I still haven't gotten mail from the guy who setup the contract, but I'm sure he knows it was me. I left that corporation to rot in its now not-being-upgraded systems with something pulling me back to Molden Heath....Homesickness perhaps? Or maybe it was true, the rumors I've heard of Miura Bull sneaking some extra implants in our clones. Who knows....I just wanted to go back home.

I reapplied with the Black Rebel Rifter Club, and after getting ribbed a bit for my short time away, I was welcomed back to the family. And I was only gone for 84 hours making 1.5 billion ISK in the process. And I didn't even have to visit Null space to do it. One more achievement added to my many achievements in New Eden: Corp Thief.

No one leaves the Rebels.

~Korvus

Comments

Popular Posts