Angron Vail





“Look at em girl, sheep, god damn sheep, oblivious to the fact they are being watched by wolves, their shepherd should take better care of his flock and should know once they cross the gate the wolves will weed out the weak it’s law of nature. Or do ya suppose that is why he lets them out?…Ah fuck it! Lets kill something.”


Lisbaetanne solar system, Essence.

I am sitting in deep space, in the cockpit of my beautiful lady, The Wolf called Spiritus Sancti. The cockpit smells of stale cigarette smoke, booze and body odor, I stretch out in my worn out leather seat which is held together by sewing thread and Duct tape, just the way I like it. Oh where are my manners, who am I? My name is Angron Vail, and I am one of, if not the youngest pilot to fly with the Black Rebel Rifter Club.

Now where was I?, oh yeah, I am lost in thought as my ship scans space for potential targets. My thoughts are a scrambled mess of future plans and past fights. It’s hard to believe it’s only been three months since my clone was activated and I have accomplished so much in this life, and still have so much more to do. I have been banned from high sec, never to return, and good riddance I say, I was never much of a sheep. I light a cigarette and inhale deeply then move locations looking for potential prey. I look out into space and I am awed by the serenity of it all. The beauty of the gas clouds illuminated by the sun, how the stars blink in and out as if fighting to stay alive. I never noticed these things in High sec, always busy with the task at hand; I failed to see the forest for the trees.

My sensors scream to life and identify 8 ships in system, 2 belong to Kicked and 3 to Lion’s Den, And those I need some help with, a drake and cane is little much for me to handle solo. The wolves are out I think to myself as I take a pull from my flask.

I identify an Atron, the pilot is 20 days old from the read out on my scanners, and I sneer. Surely CONCORD would not let this newborn into lowsec…wait I was 10 days old when I first came to low..How long ago that seemed. I narrow down my scan and find him in an abandoned ship wreck, really? He must be suicidal, those rats will eat him alive. And I will be damned if the rats get him first.

I flip the toggles to overheat my guns, activate my damage controls, and engage warp. Stars blur into strait lines as my wolf rushes for its prey. The warp bubble breaks and I am surrounded by Serpentis rats and one lone Atron.  He’s 100 km off, no way I’m gonna get him before he runs, but that’s the fun part. I’m shaking, the adrenaline is on overflow, I can barely control my ship, I overheat the afterburner and burn strait for him, 90, still there maybe he hasn’t seen me yet, 80 and closing still there, 70 he’s gonna run, still there, 50 not running, target lock, still there, 30 hasn’t moved, ship has full shields, some hull and armor damage, rats did a job on him but I don’t care. 10 wait for it, 9 initiate warp scrambler, he’s mine.

The Atron springs to life as my shiny red signature shows on his sensors, four 150mm autocannons breathe fire ripping into his ship like hyenas into flesh.

All that remains is an escape pod, which quickly gets locked down.  My ship alarms are screaming at me, concord has identified my ship and lowered my security status, gate guns have signature code, and I love it. Any feeling of regret or sorrow I have is quickly washed away by the rush of endorphins my body is producing and I pull the trigger sending the pod into oblivion. I sigh as the rush ends and light a smoke.  I quickly gather my loot and scoop up the corpse before the other “Wolves” can pinpoint and land on me. Then I am off to a safe to wait out the GCC warning. And to avoid anyone who would be hunting me.

This is the life I chose to live, I don’t stare at rocks, I don’t trade or scam, I hunt and kill, loot and sell. I spend more time solo than in a fleet, but I know there is a corp. mate nearby if I need one.  As I said I am the youngest pilot in R1FTA and I learn something new everyday.  I prey on those weaker than me but then again who doesn't?

kill



-Angron

Comments

  1. Nice read. I love these "intro" type stories.

    On a side note, Zodiac Black blew up my Jag tonight. The bastard :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. The empty high and mid was more likely the cause. Sure it was good fight though

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure the empty high and mid had a little to do with it. I'm sure it was good fight though. Thanks for the support

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts