Korvus Falek





Sitting in the cramped Minmatar quarters, I was looking around: A large room, metal grated floor near the entrance melding into solid metal for the rest of the room. Piles of dirt and dust in the corners, a barely functional ship console using the flickering monitor for data feedouts. Being an "inside" quarters, I dont even have a fucking viewport to see the goings on outside the station. Just a view of the massive hangar storing my ship, amongst other spacefaring vessels. Small shuttles can be seen all around, darting back and forth shuttling crew and other supplies for the station or ships. And rust. Rust was everywhere the eye could see, in varying stages of decay. Its a damn miracle this place is even able to stay intact!



"What a shithole," I say to myself.

How'd I end up here, you ask? Well it all started back when I was a wee boy. An abusive, violent father always doped up on some kind of booster, a whore of a mother never able to get away from her husband due to the Vitoc addiction he provided her. As part of the Sebiestor tribes, you would think both would stay away from those. I dont remember when, but the old man used to be a pretty good engineer during the Rebellions. Helped come with a way to customize the autocannons on their Rifters in the shipyard he was foreman at, or so I heard. My mother....I guess she had complications when I was born and is now barren. Could explain the hateful looks she gives me; she did always want a large family and one little bastard child wasnt enough for her. I never hear what she did before my birth, and whenever Ive asked, I got slapped across the cheek and told not to worry about it.

I ran away when I was 10; only to be kidnapped by some ghostly thugs a week or so later off the streets and sold into a vitoc addicited state of slavery. I dont know how much time had passed, I was almost constantly high on the drugs. Over the years I had forgotten where I came from and who I was. I had no choice but to do as I was told, I couldnt say no to my Amarrian overlords. During all of their depraved sexual acts and beatings, there was always one guard nearby who made sure we didnt die from the inflictions. Then one day, there were explosions. Shattered walls, bodies of the overlords nearby, blood and torn flesh everywhere I looked. And through all the chaos, a sweet smelling scent of flowers drifted into my nostrils. The haze of the high was fading and I fell to the ground unconscious. I later learned the smell was of Insorum, a cure for the deadly Vitoc addicted slaves.

12 years later

I had come from being a slave to part of the Rebels, fighting against the Amarrians to save as many slaves as possible. I had been trained by capsuleers formerly of the Republic Fleet; retired generals and soldiers vigorously pushed me to the exhaustive limits my body could handle. All this training paid off though, as I had become a capsuleer only a few years after being rescued.

Focusing on my currennt task, I had been sent to the Molden Heath region to investigate rumors of a rising cult in the Heild system. I had a few Rifter-class frigates on scan, and narrowing them down to the tenth planet in the system, I set my ship to land 50km from their estimated location. Unfortuneately, they were moving as I warped in and I landed almost right on top of these "r1fta" pilots. Instead of engaging me, they opened comms and invited me to join them. Hesitating, I contemplated what would happen if I chose to leave? After all, I had been looking for a reason to get free of my chains to the Republic. It was no different than being a slave to the Amarrians, always being told what to do and always not having a choice. They had given me a choice....

I chose to lock them up and open fire. They returned fire, but their Rifters were no match for my Firetail. I quickly dispatched both frigates, but allowed their pods to warp off. As I let the adrenaline rush desipitate, I was suddenly set upon by a Wolf assault Frigate. It was the infamous Miura Bull and the target of my investigation! He immediately locked me up and disabled my ships warp drive. He didnt open fire, but instead opened comms.

"I have a proposition for you," he says, "Join us, be free of a life of slavery and live your eternal life with us, the Black Rebel Rifter Club! You dispatched two of my newest recruits, so dont feel very special about defeating them. I could easily have you waking up in a new clone if I so chose."

There wasnt very much contemplation on his offer. I *had* been looking for a way out. This was it. To do as I pleased, when and how I wanted. True freedom! "Where are we going, boss?" I asked him. "Pator Tech School, our base of operations. We'll get you setup in the program and you can update your clone so you dont wake up in the brig."

11 years later

And so here I am.....33 years of age, a pirate in the eyes of CONCORD, an Exile booster junky, using the same Vitoc addiction drugs on my own slaves; exotic dancers Ive picked up over the years. Given clones, a family, drugs, ships, anything I need. And 100% loyal to the man who set me free, Miura fucking Bull!

And then came the move.

"R1fta!" says the boss in chow hall, "we're going on deployment! Up in Placid, I hear tales of exotic women, drugs, and loot! Pack up and be in Eugales within the week. Ive already setup a base for us in Fedmart. Dont worry either, this is Gallente space, you wont be known there yet, so we'll be working under the radar for the first few weeks. The next best thing, other than the Gallente women, will be the lack of rust. These guys take care of their stations, so no rust for us!" This was followed by cheers of everyone, including myself.

Thank the Elders, no more rust! This will be the best thing since joining the Rebels Ive ever experienced!


-Korvus

Comments

  1. Brilliant. Enjoyed that. And on behalf of The Federation, I welcome you and your corpies to "our space" :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts